Saturday, January 15, 2011

Likes

A list of the things I enjoy here, so far.

  • The mountains. We are surrounded by gorgeous views in every direction.
  • The weather. With the exception of days where it rains all day, the weather is generally great.
  • The market. I love going to market on Saturdays. The produce is great, but really I just love the environment. Getting to see people I otherwise would never meet. Going to the same stand to get those little bananas every week, and seeing the lady recognize us. She laughs at my Spanish, but I think she likes that we try.
  • The children. With very few exceptions, the younger children here are so sweet, and very friendly. This is great for Olivia, and I look forward to the day when she can communicate enough to really have some good Tico friends.
  • The need. I don't mean that I like the fact that there are very needy people here. I mean, not in the typical "like" way. I just love the fact that God has sent people here, and sends people here regularly on teams, etc. to minister to HIS people. Our God is so caring and compassionate. Even though I don't get to go out as much as I would like, I love hearing about peoples' lives being changed. There have been so many instances where God has drawn people to Himself through a physical need, such as a home or medical care being met.
  • Teams. This one is such a huge part of our ministry here in CR. Teams come and go on a regular basis, and while it's hard on our family in some ways, it is so wonderful to constantly meet new people, and to be able to see God at work in their lives. I love to think about how they go home and change the world around them, wherever they may live.
  • Prayer Partners. It's such a blessing to get an email, like we did today, from someone just stating how they are praying for our family. It is so encouraging to know that people care about our family, but also that they care about people they've never even met who live here with us in Alajuelita.

No comments:

Post a Comment