Saturday, January 8, 2011

Character Traits - Part One

Been thinkin' a lot today.
Here's a list of the things I hope we can teach/model for our daughters.

  1. Patience
  2. Faith - trusting God completely, even when it seems foolish to others
  3. How to Forgive
  4. How to be forgiven
  5. Kindness
  6. Compassion
  7. Selflessness
  8. How to obey, even when you don't want to (Parents, those in authority, most importantly - God)
  9. Modesty
  10. Confidence in who they are - not tempted to give in to peer pressure
  11. How to laugh at yourself
  12. How to deal with disappointment in a healthy way
  13. Self-Control
  14. (And most importantly) LOVE
I think I will keep adding to this list. Do you have any suggestions? I'm sure there's lots of "good ones" that I've forgotten. This are just the ones I've been dwelling on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment